formerly of Devon, England
The direct line to Frederick Shade is believed to be
(1) John Chapple & Edith De Latimer
(2) John Chapple & Joan, surname unknown
(3) Thomas Chapple & Catherine Courtenay
(4) Thomas Chapple & Thomazine Chamberlaine
(5) Nicholas Chapple & Thomasin Parre
(6) Thomas Chapple & Mary, surname unknown
(7) John Chapple & Elizabeth Kinge
(8) Clement Chapple & Mary Towey
(9) James Chapple & Anne Grant
(10) Richard Chapple & Elizabeth Cuthbertson
(11) Richard Allen Chapple & Jane Grigg
(12) William Chapple & Mary Ann Tarrant
(13) Frederick Joseph Chapple & Fanny Beatrice Little
(14) Mary Beatrice Chapple & Albert Ernest Shade.
There are many more
Chapples in Devon than are accounted for in this tree, and some
of the connections of the tree may be inaccurate.
For example, there is a very intriguing record of Freedon of the City Admission Papers 1739 for one John Chapple,
Musician, son of Clement Chapple of Exeter, Forgemaker (in Ancestry) who I have not identified;
the Exeter records may hold more details of early Chapples prior to the ones on this tree migrating to Exeter.
GO HERE FOR ANOTHER CHAPPLE FAMILY OF DEVON - JOHN CHAPPLE born c1530 at Dalwood leading to Axminster and neighbouring districts
GO HERE FOR ANOTHER CHAPPLE FAMILY OF EXETER - John Clark CHAPPLE born c1819 and his wife Rebecca WARREN
GO HERE FOR ANOTHER CHAPPLE FAMILY OF CORNWALL - Edward CHAPPLE born c1722
leading in 7 generations to most of the CHAPPELL families of the mining towns of South Australia
CHAPPLE - Other Families
|Further information about American cousins added including Alice (ballet dancer) on page 15 and Spencer Dryden (drummer) on page 16, added 29 Aug 2016|
|Information about American descendants of Richard Chapple and Jane Grigg added 24 Aug 2016|
|3 photos of St Mary's Chapel, Bath, added to the photographs page on 30 Aug 2014|
|In the John Clark Chapple tree above, a new generation added at the beginning on 17 Aug 2014|
|Many changes to the Spicer family on generations 5 and 6 made 14 Aug 2014|
|Information from cousin Louise Dean added to pages 15 and 16, added 27 Jul 2014|
With thanks to Barry and John Chapple for their assistance in researching and supplying a large amount of material.
Contact Libby Shade
for further details
P.O. Box 105, Rosanna 3084, Victoria, Australia
This family tree is
provided for mutual information within the family.
The information given will be referenced by official documents, family bibles etc.
Information that is uncertain or unreferenced will not be published.
For privacy of the present generations, the family tree will halt at the generation born around the start of the 20th century.
Discussion gladly entered into.