See also supplementary records
Hake ~ First Generation
HAKE lived in Broadclyst, Devon, England.
John was mentioned in a Deed dated 1606 which was located by the Vicar of Broad Clyst in 1932. His Will was also available at that time. He was described as 'Gentleman' of Witnabridge, Broadclyst, Devon.
"The vast bulk of the original Devon wills and administrations were destroyed during the Second World War, when Exeter Probate Registry was bombed by the Germans during the Blitz of 1942. Therefore, Exeter Probate Registry now only holds original wills and administrations dating after this. " (Ref www.devon.gov.uk/locating_wills_and_admin.htm)
Married to Grace (surname unknown). The order of issue is uncertain.
John probably died 1618, as specified by the Vicar of Broad Clyst when his Will was available. There are references in Ancestry to the document "Devon & Cornwall: - Wills and Administrations Proved in The Bishop of Exeter, 1559-1799; there is a John Hake listed 1614 at Broadcliste and there is a John Hake listed 1618 at Brodclist which were presumably two members of the same family. The name John Hake was fairly common at the time in Devon and Cornwall. See list below of all the Hake Wills in the Devon Wills Index.
FROM WHOM ELIZABETH SHADE NEE GRIERSON IS DESCENDED.
|1.||John HAKE of Broadclyst|
|2.||Stephen HAKE of Broadclyst|
|5.||Grace HAKE of
|HAKE WILLS IN DEVON WILLS INDEX|
|1. John HAKE 1614 (not
2. John HAKE 1618 (generation 1, see above)
3. John HAKE 1646 (generation 3, son of Stephen Hake and Elizabeth Turberville)
4. Ralph HAKE 1657 (generation 3, son of Robert Hake). This Will was obtained from National Archives and is on generation 3.
5. Robert HAKE 1671 (generation 3, son of Robert Hake)
6. Giles HAKE 1674 (generation 4, son of Ralph Hake and Agnes Moore)
7. Robert HAKE 1676 (generation 2, son of John Hake and Grace)
8. John HAKE 1678 (generation 2, son of John Hake and Grace)
9. Agnes HAKE nee WILCOCKS 1682 (generation 3, widow of John Hake)
10. Ralph HAKE 1705 (generation 4, son of Ralph Hake and Agnes Moore)
11. Agnes HAKE nee MOORE 1708 (generation 3, widow of Ralph Hake)
12. Elizabeth MOORE or HAKE 1726 (generation 4, widow of Ralph Hake and Richard Moore)
Last modified 3 Feb