DOWNLOAD TARRANT FAMILY TREE (pdf)
Tarrant Family of Oxford and Berkshire
The first known ancestors of our branch of the Tarrant tree lived at the beginning of the 18th century in Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
The use of the surname Tarrant and variations, mostly Tarry or Terry, was fluid and some individuals used multiple names.
The Will of Michael Tarrant (generation 2) written in 1762 proved crucial in identifying several other relatives, as did
the Will of Michael Tarrant, Terry or Tarry (generation 4) in 1792.
As with most other families in England, many descendants migrated to distant countries such as Australia, New Zealand, America and Canada.
The direct line to Fred Shade is
(1) unknown man using surname Tarrant, Terr(e)y, Tarry(e)y, etc
(2) Benjamin Tarrant & Elizabeth Smith
(3) Leonard Tarrant & Ann Cox
(4) Michael Tarrant or Terry or Tarry & Esther or Hester Crapper
(5) William Tarrant & Ann Evans
(6) William Tarrant & Mary Ann Mobley
(7) Mary Ann Tarrant & William Chapple (goes to CHAPPLE tree)
(8) Frederick Joseph Chapple & Fanny Beatrice Little
(9) Mary Beatrice Chapple & Albert Ernest Shade
More information about William and Ann Tarrant and son Alfred staring on generation 5 added 10 Jan 2019
The tree has been extended by 4 generations backwards and a large amount of new material added 20 Jun 2017
Contact Libby Shade
for further details
P.O. Box 105, Rosanna 3084, Victoria, Australia
This family tree is
provided for mutual information within the family.
The information given will be referenced by official documents, family bibles etc.
Information that is uncertain or unreferenced will not be published.
For privacy of the present generations, the family tree will halt at the generation born around the start of the 20th century.
Discussion gladly entered into.